Thursday, February 7, 2013

Special Collections

I'm not sure really how I can use Special Collections in this research project since I am writing it about the gradual acceptance about Geek culture. I would not think they would have a lot of information about old Sci-fi shows or movies.

I do think that I could probably use it for my English 1102 class later though when I have to write a paper about the movie The Secret Life of Bees and compare it to other aspects of the South at that time. Since they have so much information on life in Carrollton throughout the years I would assume they would have a lot about the South in general that I may not be able to find in regular books.

I think it is important to use Special Collections because they have many things that you can not find otherwise on the internet. It's also neat to find first or very early editions of printed materials which make great resources for a Works Cited page.

No comments:

Post a Comment